Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.
– Ephesians 4:15-16
UBC’s ministry of women to women as we gather around the Word of God.
Women’s Bible Studies
This semester, the women of UBC will study the book of Colossians together in various bible studies! Our hope is that we can provide a variety of days and times for women to gather around the word, so that conversations can take place between members of different bible studies about what we are learning together in God’s word. Below are the studies currently being offered:
- Mondays from 9:00-11:00 am in the UBC Fellowship Hall led by Katherine Brill and Hayley Meyer weekly with childcare provided beginning January 31st
- Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30pm in the UBC Chapel led by Emalie Cockrell and Jennifer Gidden every other Tuesday beginning January 25th
- Tuesdays from 7:30-9:00pm at the Red Kite outdoor pavilion in Springdale led by Hayley Hayes and Lee Morton, every other Tuesday beginning January 25th
- Thursdays from 7:45-9:15pm at Maddie Knecht’s house (East Fayetteville) led by Courtney Osborn, Maddie Knecht, and Carolyn Wilcox every other Thursday beginning January 27th
The Mother-Daughter Bible Study led by Erin Wheeler and Tracy Bond for high school girls and their moms, meeting at the Wheeler’s house from 4-5pm on Sunday Evening Service weeks will continue studying the book of Philippians.
Precept study on the book of James
In addition to our Philippians bible studies, there are two studies meeting to go through a Precepts bible study on the book of James.
- Tuesday mornings, 9:30-11:00am led by Diana Page in the main room of Heritage Hall (Please plan to wear a mask to this study)
- Tuesday mornings, 9:30-11:00am led by Nita Proffitt
For information on either of these studies, please click below to contact the group leader.
UBC Women’s Institute
If you’ve ever felt that theology is only for pastors or seminary students and not for ordinary Christian women, you’re not alone. But theology, the study of who God is and all He has done in the world, is for every single woman who follows Christ.
The UBC Women’s Institute conducts classes on theological topics to train women to know and love the deep things of God. Studying theology together with other women at UBC will not only increase your knowledge of God and the truths contained in his Word, but will also help the reality of who God is seep into every aspect of your practical, daily life as a Christian and a member of UBC.
Click HERE for the most recent resource list!
Click below to sign up to receive updates, and to receive Scripture passages and articles to look over in advance of the classes.
UBCWI Spring Schedule
Opportunities to Serve in Women’s Ministry
A team of UBC members help to plan and serve during our two Women’s Ministry events each year, one in the fall and one in the spring. It would be a joy to get to serve with you as we plan for women’s outreach, fellowship, and encouragement around God’s Word during our annual Christmas Tea and Women’s Retreat! This typically includes once a month prayer and planning meetings during September-December and January-April. We also have serving opportunities each month during our UBC Women’s Institute, like greeting and sound. If you may be interested in helping serve on these ministry teams and are a member of UBC, please email email@example.com for more information.