Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.
– Ephesians 4:15-16
UBC’s ministry of women to women as we gather around the Word of God.
Women’s Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 Bible Studies
This year we will be studying the book of Exodus together as we learn the pattern of redemption in Old Testament history. In Exodus, the LORD delivers his people from slavery to dwell with them in covenant, and He is still doing so today! These women’s Bible studies are offered at different times and locations, but will all utilize the same bible study method and format. We would love for you to join us for one of these studies!
- Every Monday, 9:00-11:00am at UBC, beginning September 12. Childcare available. Led by Katherine Brill, Elizabeth Hale and Hayley Meyer.
- Every other Tuesday, 6:30-8:15pm at Emalie Cockrell’s home (2902 N Elizabeth Ave in Fayetteville), beginning September 6. Led by Emalie Cockrell, Amy Gaddy & Maddie Knecht.
- Every other Tuesday, 7:00-9:00pm at Mitzi Bingaman’s home (490 Ranalli Ave in Tontitown), beginning September 6. Led by Jennifer Gidden & Lee Morton.
- Every other Wednesday, 6:00-7:30pm at UBC beginning January 25th led by Tracy Bond and Erika Dennett.
- Every other Thursday, 6:30-8:15pm at Courtney Osborn’s home (637 N Mission Blvd in Fayetteville), beginning September 8. Led by Courtney Osborn, Madelyn Crawley & Karen Trumbo.
For information on these studies, contact Erika Dennett at email@example.com.
Precept study on the book of Romans
In addition to our book studies, there are two studies meeting to go through a Precepts bible study on the book of Romans.
- Every Tuesday morning beginning September 13th, 9:30-11:30am led by Diana Page in the main room of Heritage Hall
- Every Tuesday morning beginning September 6th, 9:30-11:00am led by Nita Proffitt at Imelda McClinton’s home
For information on either of these studies, please click below to contact the group leader.
UBC Women’s Institute
If you’ve ever felt that theology is only for pastors or seminary students and not for ordinary Christian women, you’re not alone. But theology, the study of who God is and all He has done in the world, is for every single woman who follows Christ.
The UBC Women’s Institute conducts classes on theological topics to train women to know and love the deep things of God. Studying theology together with other women at UBC will not only increase your knowledge of God and the truths contained in his Word, but will also help the reality of who God is seep into every aspect of your practical, daily life as a Christian and a member of UBC. Click HERE for the most recent resource list!
Click below to sign up to receive updates, and to receive Scripture passages and articles to look over in advance of the classes.
UBC Women’s Institute Calendar
Women’s Institute is returning this year with a 2-year series in Systematic Theology. For more information, contact Emalie Cockrell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 14 | 9:00am | Doctrine of God’s Providence | Hayley Meyer | Chapel
- February 11 | 9:00am | Doctrine of Creation | Jennifer Gidden | Chapel
- April 1 | 9:00am | Doctrine of Man | Erin Wheeler | Chapel
- May 13 | 9:00am | Doctrine of Sin | Erika Dennett | Chapel
Opportunities to Serve in Women’s Ministry
A team of UBC members help to plan and serve during our two Women’s Ministry events each year, one in the fall and one in the spring. It would be a joy to get to serve with you as we plan for women’s outreach, fellowship, and encouragement around God’s Word during our annual Christmas Tea and Women’s Retreat! This typically includes once a month prayer and planning meetings during September-December and January-April. We also have serving opportunities each month during our UBC Women’s Institute, like greeting and sound. If you may be interested in helping serve on these ministry teams and are a member of UBC, please email email@example.com for more information.